Join Our Agile Coaching Track
This track is for Agile coaches and aspiring Agile Coaches, including beginning Scrum Masters looking to take the next step. Agile Project Managers, analysts, and agile team members with the desire to explore the power of facilitation and coaching also stand to gain from these courses. Agile coaches who wish to build deep competence and differentiate themselves from their peers should pursue the Expert Certification.
Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF)
Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)
Here the coach gets expert-level understanding of current lean-agile practices, they are significantly skilled in team facilitation, and has developed some professional coaching and mentoring skill. Coaches with these skills are likely operating at a scope of several teams or a program, starting new teams, mentoring others, or spending significant time working with managers and engaging with impediments outside the direct control of teams.
Agile Coaching for Enterprises
Enterprise Coaching Track
At this step coaches have developed advanced systems coaching, organizational development, culture, change management and leadership skills and they use those skills to affect organizations at large. An Enterprise Agile Coach works at all levels in an organization to help the organization use agile as a strategic asset for business value generation, which often includes culture change.
This class is a two day class for experienced Agilists who wants to increase their facilitation skills to be better at facilitating Agile ceremonies, collaborative events, and other team meetings. This class focuses on professional facilitation skills and techniques pertinent to the Agile context.
This class is for everyone who wants to dramatically improve their professional facilitation skills in the Agile context. Namely, the following categories will benefit from the class most:
- Beginning Scrum Masters, Agile Project Managers, Iteration Managers well versed in the agile basics and who have experience working with agile teams.
- Experienced Scrum Masters, Project Managers or Iteration Managers.
- Agile Coaches who are interested in learning new facilitation approaches and techniques.
- Anyone interested in bringing more structure to their facilitation of Agile events.
This is not a beginner agile class, and as such it does not teach basics of agile processes, techniques, or mindset. With that said, this is not an advanced class either. If you consider taking this class, you will be well served by having at least 3 months of hands-on agile experience, working with or being a part of an agile team. You should also hold an ICAgile Certified Professional designation or its equivalent, such as Certified Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Master. Equivalent agile training might serve as a substitute for the formal training.
This is not a competency building class and will not substitute hundred of hours of facilitation practice, however it will give you basics of facilitation and will allow you to,
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators.
- Will teach you to design collaborative meetings, how to prepare for such meetings to reduce their high cost and dramatically increase their effectiveness with a laser focus on desired outcomes.
- You will practice facilitation techniques in a safe and collaborative class environment. These techniques will focus on facilitating core Agile ceremonies and events, bringing lightness to them, while not losing focus on results.
- You will receive immediate feedback on your techniques from your instructor and classmates.
- We will discuss some team dysfunctional behaviors and you will get some novel ideas as to how to deal or prevent those behaviors, that stop your teams from the greatness.
- You will learn how to define, discuss, and achieve consensus with the team where needed for faster and better decision making.
- You and your peers will co-design your own facilitator self-development plan.
In addition to great experience and immersive learning you will come away with the following,
- This class is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) and it fulfills all Learning Objectives in the Team Facilitation track. Please note, that in order to receive your ICAgile Continuing Education Certification and Agile Team Facilitator ICP-ATF designation, you must not miss more than 1 hour of the class.
- Agile Team Facilitation class from Tandem Coaching yields 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward your Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or to support your existing Scrum Alliance certifications, such as the CSM.
- Any agile training and learning is usually accepted by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as continuing education. Our class gives you 16 PDUs that you can claim toward your PMI-ACP or to support your existing PMI certifications, such as the PMP.
Agile Certified Coach class from Tandem Coaching Academy is a three day class that is designed specifically for experienced Agile coaches and Agilists, who want to supercharge their knowledge and skills for better effectiveness. The class prepares its students to operate in a complex and unpredictable environments most teams operate in these days. While Agile Teams are omnipresent these days, few operate well and effectively. This class gives you knowledge to deal with complexity in team and organizational context.
You will also earn 6 ICF CCE units to use towards your ICF credential application or renewal.
This class is for experienced Agile practitioners who want to dramatically improve their coaching practices with key agile content, skills, and mindset. This highly experiential and interactive course is for:
- Experienced Scrum Masters, Agile Project Managers, Iteration Managers well versed in the agile practices and who desire a fuller understanding of the range of agile coaching skills, tools, and techniques.
- Agile Coaches who want to hone their existing skills and gain knowledge needed for a breakthrough in previously unsolvable problems on their teams.
- Agile managers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders who want to broaden the range of skills and capabilities available to them in working with Agile Teams.
This is not a beginner agile class and we highly recommend you take any of our Team Facilitation classes before taking this one. With that said, this is a rather intermediate course and is designed for practitioners with at least 6 months of hands-on agile experience. You should hold your ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP) certification, Certified Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Master certifications, or any equivalent agile training. This course is built on the experience you bring to the class and without such will result in a less than fulfilling experience for you and your classmates.
This is not a competency building class and will not substitute hundred of hours of agile coaching practice - if you are looking to build your competency as a coach - check out our Professional Coaching classes. With that said, this class will give you plenty of learning in the area of agile coaching:
- Understand and learn to use the Agile Coaching Competency Framework with its four key skill areas (Training, Mentoring, Facilitating, and Coaching).
- Learn tools and techniques that will help you to build resilient, resourceful and healthy agile teams.
- Learn about three levels of listening and practice asking powerful questions that are designed to open up new possibilities for teams and individuals.
- Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching and learn where and how to apply either.
- Understand what professional coaching is, learn about coaching stance, and practice basics of professional coaching techniques.
- Learn about better approaches to managing and resolving conflicts that often arise on the Agile Teams.
- Learn how to coach and mentor people through a variety of change situations, especially those that asks them to fully steps into their Agile roles.
- Realize the broader organizational context and understand how it affects team performance and effectiveness. Learn some interventions that will positively affect it.
- Co-create with your classmates your personal coaching improvement plan to be implemented when you are back on the job.
In addition to great experience and immersive learning you will come away with the following,
- This class is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) and it fulfills all Learning Objectives in the Agile coaching track. Please note, that in order to receive your ICAgile Continuing Education Certification and Agile Certified Coach ICP-ACC designation, you must not miss more than 1 hour of the class.
- Agile Certified Coach class from Tandem Coaching yields 21 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward your Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or to support your existing Scrum Alliance certifications, such as the CSM.
- Any agile training and learning is usually accepted by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as continuing education. Our Agile Certified Coach class gives you 21 PDUs that you can claim toward your PMI-ACP or to support your existing PMI certifications, such as the PMP.
- Our Agile Certified Coach class also gives you 6 ICF CCE units that you can apply towards your ICF credential application or renewal. Read more about our full suite of ICF classes here.
Find a Class
Cherie Silas, MCC, CEC
Lucia Baldelli, PCC, CEC
Why Tandem Coaching Academy?
Tandem Coaching Academy is the only Agile training academy with an ICF ACTP delivered by Certified Enterprise Coaches, and focused specifically on incorporating professional coaching into agile careers.
A top-level professional coach in both Agile & Professional Coaching arenas (ICF MCC), Cherie Silas, Tandem Coaching Academy Head Coach holds Guide Level competency designations and achieved highest coaching standardrs in both fields and is leading the way to professionalizing the field of Agile Coaching and setting the bar high for what it means to be a competent agile coach.