Join Our Agile Coaching Track
This track is for Agile coaches and aspiring Agile Coaches, including beginning Scrum Masters looking to take the next step. Agile Project Managers, analysts, and agile team members with the desire to explore the power of facilitation and coaching also stand to gain from these courses. Agile coaches who wish to build deep competence and differentiate themselves from their peers should pursue the Expert Certification.
Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF)
Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)
Here the coach gets expert-level understanding of current lean-agile practices, they are significantly skilled in team facilitation, and has developed some professional coaching and mentoring skill. Coaches with these skills are likely operating at a scope of several teams or a program, starting new teams, mentoring others, or spending significant time working with managers and engaging with impediments outside the direct control of teams.
Agile Coaching for Enterprises
Enterprise Coaching Track
At this step coaches have developed advanced systems coaching, organizational development, culture, change management and leadership skills and they use those skills to affect organizations at large. An Enterprise Agile Coach works at all levels in an organization to help the organization use agile as a strategic asset for business value generation, which often includes culture change.
This class is a two day class for experienced Agilists who wants to increase their facilitation skills to be better at facilitating Agile ceremonies, collaborative events, and other team meetings. This class focuses on professional facilitation skills and techniques pertinent to the Agile context.
This class is for everyone who wants to dramatically improve their professional facilitation skills in the Agile context. Namely, the following categories will benefit from the class most:
- Beginning Scrum Masters, Agile Project Managers, Iteration Managers well versed in the agile basics and who have experience working with agile teams.
- Experienced Scrum Masters, Project Managers or Iteration Managers.
- Agile Coaches who are interested in learning new facilitation approaches and techniques.
- Anyone interested in bringing more structure to their facilitation of Agile events.
This is not a beginner agile class, and as such it does not teach basics of agile processes, techniques, or mindset. With that said, this is not an advanced class either. If you consider taking this class, you will be well served by having at least 3 months of hands-on agile experience, working with or being a part of an agile team. You should also hold an ICAgile Certified Professional designation or its equivalent, such as Certified Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Master. Equivalent agile training might serve as a substitute for the formal training.
This is not a competency building class and will not substitute hundred of hours of facilitation practice, however it will give you basics of facilitation and will allow you to,
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators.
- Will teach you to design collaborative meetings, how to prepare for such meetings to reduce their high cost and dramatically increase their effectiveness with a laser focus on desired outcomes.
- You will practice facilitation techniques in a safe and collaborative class environment. These techniques will focus on facilitating core Agile ceremonies and events, bringing lightness to them, while not losing focus on results.
- You will receive immediate feedback on your techniques from your instructor and classmates.
- We will discuss some team dysfunctional behaviors and you will get some novel ideas as to how to deal or prevent those behaviors, that stop your teams from the greatness.
- You will learn how to define, discuss, and achieve consensus with the team where needed for faster and better decision making.
- You and your peers will co-design your own facilitator self-development plan.
In addition to great experience and immersive learning you will come away with the following,
- This class is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) and it fulfills all Learning Objectives in the Team Facilitation track. Please note, that in order to receive your ICAgile Continuing Education Certification and Agile Team Facilitator ICP-ATF designation, you must not miss more than 1 hour of the class.
- Agile Team Facilitation class from Tandem Coaching yields 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward your Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or to support your existing Scrum Alliance certifications, such as the CSM.
- Any agile training and learning is usually accepted by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as continuing education. Our class gives you 16 PDUs that you can claim toward your PMI-ACP or to support your existing PMI certifications, such as the PMP.